Monday, January 16, 2012

Remember the past --grandma

It's true, CNY is just around the corner.

Remember again the CNY two years ago, I had gathering with my classmate in one of our friend's house. So, I stayed in my grandma's house first before went to the gathering. Before I leaved her house, she kept on telling me to be more careful on the way. I realized this was past tense already as now she had leaved this world. No matter how I miss her, the only way I can see her is through the old photos.

I like to hear stories from my grandma. Every night, grandma will tell her story to me. The most memorable one is the story at the moment of the coming of Japan to rule our country. Grandma described that they had to hide themselves in the jungle for few days before they had the courage to come out from it. So, after they went back home, their parents wanted their daughter to be married because they worried that if and the only if their daughter get raped, then they cannot get married after that. Then, my grandma get married with a guy. She was only 19 years old at that time. I would like to write the story up here because I know I may forget the story one day if my memory become weaker and weaker.


In my memory, when I was hungry at home, my grandma sure give her drinks and food to me. The corn breakfast cereal was the most delicious, I still can remember that how fast I ate it all at once. I can feel the warmth when my grandma gave me drinks when I was hungry.

There was once all my family members had went for a holiday trip to Genting Highland.  And it was also a school examination week. My grandma accompanied me at home. I cycled to the mini market near the house, I still remember my grandma sat at the front door wait until me come back. I told grandma to sat by my side while I was reading and studying. One night, I still remember I found a movie called <> on television channel in the newspaper, the show started from 12.00 am till 3.00am. So, grandma accompanied me again to watch the movie. But, grandma was very old already at that time, she fell asleep around 1.30am. I looked at my grandma, I felt that I shall not called her to watch the movie, I should let her sleep at this silent night.  There are many things that I cannot describe it out as they are all I want to say from the heart. 

Just remember two years ago, my grandma fell sick very seriously. She had been sent to the hospital for many times. I want to take care of her at the hospital, but my parents not allowed, they said I was too young. I really regret that cannot take care of grandma at the last moment. At last, the doctor said my grandma cannot be safe, she had reached the old age, she had reached 87 years old.  


Before that, I thought that I was strong enough to be not upset of the death of a person. A person's life contains of birth, old, sick and death. So, it is a cycle, everyone have to pass the cycle. But, after that time, I found that I was wrong, I still cannot give up the feelings towards the family or the friendship.
It is not an easy job if you reach that status.

That day, I did not go for the tuition classes, because I felt not very well. My aunt kept on phone me and tell me to quickly come grandma's house to see her for the last. At that time, my dad was working, there were only my mum, my two younger brothers and me at home. So, we wait for our cousin to fetch us. I had nothing to say at that moment when I reached. I walked into my grandma's bedroom. I saw a yellow cotton sheet cover on my grandma's body, including her face. I knew what happened but I was speechless. My aunt kept telling me not to be sad at that moment. But, I don't know why my tears kept felling down without reasons. I knew me shall not cry, if let my grandma saw it, she will not leave this world to the heaven. So, I went out the house. I walked around the neighborhood, I have a feel like I have no interested to things all around the world already as my grandma had leaved the world. When I was small, I had dream of buying many delicious moon-cake for my grandma when I grow. This was the dream that cannot be come true. The next day, I still went to school, I did not pay attention to class, I did not do the homework well, I just knew I was deep sad.

Things just pass like that.


                                                  Grandma and me.

Think of it may bring tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment